There are three new models in Toshiba's flagship 9 Series 3D TVs in screen sizes of 213cm (84"), 165cm (65") and 146cm (58"). As these are all Ultra HD displays (3840 x 2160) they offer four times the definition of Full HD 1080, or over 8 million pixels each. The 84'' and 65'' models both use passive 3D technology whereas the 58'' uses active shutter 3D technology, possibly suggesting a different panel manufacturer. Upscaling is handled by what Toshiba likes to call a CEVO 4K multi-processor.
Toshiba also announced the rest of its 2013 home entertainment range including the 4, 6 and 7 Series TVs as well as 3 new Blu-ray players. The 9 series will be available in 'the summer of 2013', while the rest of the company's new TVs will be available in May 2013. The new Blu-ray models will be available from Q2 2013.
Toshiba 9 Series specifications:
- Ultra HD resolution (3840 x 2160 pixels)
- 213cm (84"), 165cm (65") and 146cm (58") screen sizes
- CEVO 4K processing engine with upscaling
- 800 AMR (Active Motion & Resolution) picture processing
- Full HD 3D technology: 84" and 65": passive technology, 58": active shutter
- 2D-to-3D conversion including depth control
- Toshiba Cloud TV including Netflix, Vimeo, BBC iPlayer, Blinkbox, Acetra Movies, YouTube and more
- Open Browser, Skype ready
- Built-in Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)
- Intel WiDi v3.5
- USB Video Recording
- MediaGuide powered by Rovi
- Audyssey Premium Television
- DVB -T/DVB-T2/DVB-C/ DVB-C2, DVB-S / DVB-S2 tuners
- 4x HDMI, featuring HDMI UHD support and 1x HDMI with MHL support, 2 x USB, 1x SD card
Meanwhile the new 7 Series Full HD smart TVs are available in 102cm (40"), 126cm (50") and 146cm (58") screen sizes, and offer active-shutter 3D.
The new Toshiba 4 and 6 Series come in a choice of screen sizes, ranging from 80cm (32") to 126cm (50") and a choice of matte black or brushed aluminium finishes. All come with built in Wi-Fi and Intel WiDi.
Finally there's the BDX5400KB, BDX3400KB and BDX2400KB Blu-Ray players. The first two of these have built-in Wi-Fi, while only the BDX5400KB supports 3D Blu-ray playback.
|Topics||Toshiba, Ultra High-Definition, 3840 x 2160, 4K, TV, Smart TV, UHDTV, UHD, Ultra HD, 4K TV|