Microsoft has today released firmware updates for all the previous Surface versions. This includes Surface RT, Surface 2 4G, Surface Pro and Surface Pro 2 4G/LTE and the flagship Surface Pro 3 device. The update brings various improvements and security fixes.
Unfortunately, the updates are not yet available to all users as they are available in stages via Windows Update. Below is a complete changelog list.
- Surface Home Button Driver (v220.127.116.11) enhances system stability in both the active state and the sleep/wake transition state.
- Surface Pro System Aggregator Firmware (v2.84.0350) improves battery management when a Surface Cover is attached.
- Surface Pro UEFI (v1.6.350) provides support for PXE boot with the new Surface Ethernet Adapter.
- Intel HD Graphics 4000 (v10.18.10.3496) improves Miracast wireless display experience and enhances display stability.
- Intel Display Audio (v6.16.00.3135) enhances compatibility and improves the display experience for DisplayPort monitors.
- Surface Accessory Device (v1.0.338.0) improves the experience when using Surface accessories.
- Surface Power Cover Firmware update (v1.0.339.0) improves the experience when using Surface Power Cover.
Surface 2/Surface 2 LTE
- Modem Firmware Update (v5.706.306.1) enhances the performance and reliability of the AT&T 4G LTE network on Surface 2 4G LTE.
Surface Pro 2
- Wireless Network Controller (v 14.69.24054.176) enables functionality on wireless networks utilizing hidden SSIDs.
Surface Pro 3
- Surface Pro Embedded Controller Firmware (v.18.104.22.168) reducing power consumption, and enhancing system stability.
- Surface Pro System Aggregator Firmware (v. 22.214.171.124) enhancing battery life, and increasing efficiency and reliability in low power states.
- Surface Type Cover Firmware Update (v. 2.0.1021.0) improving trackpad reliability and system stability.
- Surface Accessory Device (v. 2.0.1012.0) helping the on-screen keyboard (OSK) appear and disappear at the correct times.
- Wireless Network Controller and Bluetooth (v. 15.68.3042.79) enhancing system stability, reducing power consumption in low power states, and improving some Wi-Fi connection scenarios.
- Wi-Fi connection and throughput issues. Microsoft will also issue an update on Wednesday, July 16, to further improve Wi-Fi connection and throughput scenarios.
|Topics||Microsoft, Surface RT, Surface Pro, Surface Pro 2, Firmware Update, Surface 2 LTE, Surface Pro 3|