With growing popularity of 3D printers, market is in urge for better 3D printing tools. Adobe is known for their image editing software and has just expanded their support for 3D printing. The latest Photoshop CC 2014 15.1 now allows preparing print-ready 3D files.
The new update also supports wider 3D file formats, including VRML, U3D, PLY and IGES, along with better integration with CAD workflows and support for multiple print jobs. Here are just some of the new features and updates in the latest version: Supports MakerBot Replicator 5th Generation desktop printers.
- Supports DMM.com - A Japanese 3D printing service.
- Support added for the following 3D file formats: VRML, U3D, PLY, and IGES.
- Includes better integration with CAD workflows.
- Includes better support for 3D scanners
- Includes a Streamlined 3D painting experience.
- Allows for easily combining of multiple print jobs onto a single print bed.
- Adds Various 3D printing workflow improvements.