Last month, we found out that BlackBerry is working on a first crucial update for its BlackBerry 10 operating system. Even though there is no official changelog, the BlackBerry 10.1 OS comes with several bug fixes, but it also brings a dozen new features like HDR option, PIN-to-PIN messaging, APN edition, improved BlackBerry World store and others.
The update is 1 GB big and is rolling out gradually. The Canadian company hasn't provided a detailed schedule, but the release should come to all users within a couple of weeks.
The full list of improvements:
- HDR option for taking photos
- PIN to PIN messaging now available and present in the BlackBerry Hub
- APN editing is now enabled (Though this may remain carrier based)'Highlights" for text such as word correction on the keyboard are now green, instead of blue
- 'Text Picker' has been improved, now allows for easily moving left and right between letters easier
- Sharing menu is now black, just like on the BlackBerry Q10
- New help demos and walkthroughs after initial boot
- Select All for broadcast messages is now available
- Ability to turn off alerts for specific applications
- Easier to check for updates in BlackBerry World
- Phone can be fully unlocked at the lock screen now by the power button
- BlackBerry World now has options for coupon redemption
- Pasting of phone numbers directly into dialpad
- Installed apps can be opened from with BlackBerry World (No longer shows 'installed' now shows 'open')