On the Kinect Developer Center, Microsoft has announced that they have begun taking applications from developers so they can get their hands on the next generation of Kinect before the official release in early 2014. The program to pre-order costs $399.
Microsoft states that the program will being in November of this year and will provide developers with a pre-release sensor as soon as they become available so they can begin application development for the new device as soon as possible.
The program is not horribly expensive with a $399 price tag, and it also includes the following features;
- Direct access to the Kinect for Windows engineering team via a private forum and exclusive webcasts
- Early SDK access (alpha, beta, and any updates along the way to release)
- Private access to all API and sample documentation
- A pre-release/alpha sensor
- A final, released sensor at launch
They also noted that there are a limited number of openings available in the program and encourage developers to sign up as soon as possible. The applications must be completed by July 31st, and they will start notifying developers with successful applications in August.
|Topics||Microsoft, Kinect, Developers, Kinect 2.0, Xbox One, Developer Kit|