Every year a group of large news publication and entertainment websites gather together to vote on what they feel was the best games of E3. One of the categories is "Best Hardware/Peripheral" and the Oculus Rift beat out the new game consoles for the honor.
Among the contenders for this category were nominees; Oculus Rift by Oculus VR, Sony Computer Entertainment's PlayStation 4, Razr's Blade, Nvidia's Shield and Microsoft's Xbox One.
E3 saw not only demonstrations of the Oculus rift, but also the first public demonstration of a new HD (1080p) version of the virtual reality headset.
There are also a slew of other categories related to games, so we'll just give you the full list;
- Best of Show: Titanfall (Respawn Entertainment/Electronic Arts)
- Best Original Game: Titanfall
- Best Console Game: Titanfall
- Best Handheld/Mobile Game: Tearaway (Media Molecule/Sony Computer Entertainment of America)
- Best PC Game: Titanfall
- Best Hardware/Peripheral: Oculus Rift (Oculus VR)
- Best Action Game: Titanfall
- Best Action/Adventure Game: Watch Dogs (Ubisoft Montreal/Ubisoft)
- Best Role Playing Game: The Elder Scrolls Online (Zenimax Online/Bethesda Softworks)
- Best Racing Game: Need for Speed: Rivals (Ghost Games/Electronic Arts)
- Best Sports Game: NHL 14 (EA Canada/EA Sports)
- Best Strategy Game: Total War: Rome 2 (The Creative Assembly/Sega)
- Best Social/Casual Game: Fantasia: Music Evolved (Harmonix/Disney Interactive)
- Best Online Multiplayer: Titanfall
- Best Downloadable Game: Transistor (Supergiant Games)
Feel free to post your thoughts on the critic's choices for the winners of E3 this year.
|Topics||Gaming, Gaming Industry, Oculus Rift, Awards, E3 2013|