Popular note taking app Evernote for Windows 8 has been updated, bringing in a revamped new UI and many new features. This update is coming after the company updated its WP8 app with a new design and tons of new features only last week.
Here are a few of the changes that come with the update:
- New note options: Create a new text note, snapshot or start with a file attachment.
- Shortcuts: Any shortcuts you create in the app or in other versions of Evernote will appear here.
- Recent Activity: Tap to see recent updates to shared and Business notebooks.
- Notes: You'll see the first few notes based on your sort order. If you sort by updated, these will be your most recent.
- Notebooks: Tap to jump directly into a specific notebooks, including Evernote Business notebooks.
- Tags: Choose a tag to view the tagged notes (depending on how many columns you have, you may need to swipe to see the tags.
Apart from the revamped homescreen UI, the update brings changes to the app's 'Note view', alongwith more powerful editing options.
For those concerned about the security of your data stored in Evernote, this should make you sit back and relax a bit:
This is a major update to Evernote for Windows Touch. In addition to the new features above, the app now supports two-step verification and has significant stability and reliability improvements.