Since the official launch of Windows Phone 8, Microsoft's operating system has not received any significant software update. Luckily, that will change next month as the company is finalizing the update. According to Microsoft, the biggest improvements can be expected Skype, Internet Explorer and Xbox Music, although for the complete improvements see the list below which was published on Microsoft's website.
Update 8.0.10327.77 or 8.0.10328.78*
- Xbox Music. It's now easier to select, download, and pin music. Plus, music fans will see more accurate metadata (such as song and album information) and many other performance improvements.
- FM radio. Listen to FM radio right from the Music+Videos hub. (Not available for all phones.)
- Data Sense. Stay on top of your phone's data usage with Data Sense. You can set a limit based on your data plan, or just keep track of which apps use the most data. (Not all mobile operators offer Data Sense.)
- Skype. Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) apps like Lync and Skype now feature improved stability and performance.
- Internet Explorer. Your web browsing experience is now better than ever with improved HTML 5 compatibility.
- Camera. Set your favorite Lens so it opens automatically when you press the camera button. (Not available for all phones.)
- Other improvements. Includes many other improvements to Windows Phone.
- *Your update version number depends on your specific phone model and mobile operator.