The Ubuntu Developer Edition of Dell's XPS 13 was available in March for North America and now, the notebook is available in some parts of Europe. It comes pre-loaded with Ubuntu Linux 14.04 SP1 operating system and is available for purchase starting at €1,159.
The base model comes with Intel Core i5-6200U processor that is based on Skylake architecture, Intel HD 520 GPU, 8 GB of 1866 MHz LPDDR3 RAM, 256 GB PCIe SSD and a 13.3-inch 1080p display. If that is not powerful enough for you, there is a faster model available.
Dell XPS 13 Developer Edition specifications
- 13.3-inch display with 1080p FHD (1,920 x 1,080) or touchscreen QHD+ (3,200 x 1,800)
- Intel Skylake Core i5-6200U or Core i7-6560U
- Integrated Intel Graphics
- RAM up to 16 GB LPDDR3
- SSD options up to 256/512 GB
- Intel Wireless-AC 8260 + Bluetooth 4.1
- Pre-installed Linux Ubuntu 14.04 LTS