Just hours after the phone received a certification from TENAA, Sharp has officially announced the new Aquos S2 smartphone. As expected, the phone features a 5.5-inch bezel-less display with impressive 84.95% screen-to-body ratio.
The display uses Free Form Display technology, which allows manufacturer to make small holes precisely in the screen for front camera and receiver.
Sharp Aquos S2 comes in Black, White, Blue and Green colors and is priced at 2,499 yuan or $370. The limited edition model costs 3,499 yuan or $520 and comes with Snapdragon 660, 6 GB of RAM and 128 GB of storage. It is available for pre-order from jd.com today and will go on sale on August 14 in China.
Sharp Aquos S2 specifications
- 5.5-inch (1080 x 2040 pixels) Full HD+ LCD display with 550 nits brightness, 135% sRGB color coverage, 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 630 14nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2.2GHz Cortex A53 + Quad 1.8GHz Cortex A53 CPUs) with Adreno 508 GPU / Octa Core Snapdragon 660 14nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2.2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 512 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB internal storage, 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat)
- 12MP rear camera with f/1.75 aperture, 1.4um pixel size, dual-tone LED Flash, PDAF, secondary 8MP camera
- 8MP front-facing camera, 1.4um pixel size, f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 141.8 x 72.04 x 7.9mm; Weight: 140g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 2930mAh (minimum) / 3020mAh (typical) battery with Quick Charge 3.0