After months of rumours and waiting, HMD Global and Nokia have finally announced their flagship smartphone. There are not many surprises due to many leaks over the last weeks and the Nokia 8 smartphone will start selling globally in September at a price of €599.
The metal chassis packs a 5.3-inch IPS LCD display with a Quad HD resolution and 2.5D Gorilla Glass 5. It measures 7.9 mm at the thickest point and has an IP54 rating. Inside is Snapdragon 835, 4 GB of RAM, 64 GB of UFS 2.1 storage and a 3,090 mAh battery.
The back of the phone has two dual cameras with Carl Zeiss optics and OIS. The front camera is a 13 MP unit with PDAF and wide angle lens. It also supports Dual-Sight technology that uses both front and back cameras simultaneously and combines images together into one photo or video file. Nokia OZO 360-degree audio uses 3 microphones and Nokia acoustic technology algorithms to capture the sound. It runs stock Android 7.1, which means future updates will come fast.
Nokia 8 specifications
- 5.3-inch (2560×1440 pixels) Quad HD LCD display at 554ppi pixel density, sculpted Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection, 700 nits brightness
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform with Adreno 540 GPU
- 4GB DDR4X RAM, 64GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat), upgradable to Android O
- Single / Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- 13MP (Colour) primary camera with OIS + 13MP (Mono), ZEISS optics, 1.12um pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, 76.9-degree wide-angle lens, PDAF, IR range finder, dual tone flash
- 13MP auto focus front-facing camera with ZEISS optics, PDAF, 1.12um pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, 78.4° lens
- Fingerprint sensor, Barometer
- 5mm headphone jack, 3 microphones, Nokia OZO 360° spatial surround sound
- Dimensions: 151.5 x 73.7 x 7.9 mm
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (MIMO), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/ GLONASS, USB Type-C 3.1 Gen 1, NFC
- 3090mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0