After catastrophic Galaxy Note 7, many thought we'll never see a new Galaxy Note device. Shortly after the recall, Samsung confirmed that they are still committed to the Note lineup and few months after, the company officially unveiled its latest flagship phablet, the Galaxy Note 8.
The new model comes with a 6.3-inch Quad HD+ Infinity Display, Snapdragon 835 or Exynos 8895, 6 GB of RAM and up to 256 GB of storage that can also be expanded via microSD card slot.
For the first time ever, Samsung unveiled a phone with dual rear cameras. The Note 8 has a 12-megapixel primary camera with f/1.7 aperture and wide-angle lens and a 12-megapixel secondary camera with f/2.4 aperture and telephoto lens offering 2x optical zoom, both featuring Optical Image Stabilisation.
Right next to the cameras is a fingerprint sensor and a heart rate monitor. The rest of the specs include an iris scanner, water resistant up to 1.5 meters of water for 30 minutes with IP68 ratings, an improved S Pen stylus and a 3,300 mAh battery.
It will be available starting mid-September globally in Midnight Black, Maple Gold, Orchid Grey and Deep Sea Blue colors. Pre-orders in the US start from August 24.
Samsung Galaxy Note8 specifications
- 6.3-inch Quad HD+ (2960 × 1440 pixels) Super AMOLED Infinity display with 522ppi, 18.5:9 aspect ratio
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 with Adreno 540 GPU / Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 9 Series 8895 processor with Mali-G71 MP20 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4 RAM with 64GB/128GB/256GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 12MP Dual Pixel rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.7 aperture, wide-angle lens, OIS, secondary 12MP camera with telephoto lens, f2.4 aperture, OIS, 2x optical zoom, up to 10x digital zoom
- 8MP auto focus front-facing camera with f/1.7 aperture, wide-angle lens
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Barometer, Fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Heart Rate Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor, Iris Sensor, Pressure Sensor
- Dimensions:162.5 x 74.8 x 8.6mm; Weight: 195g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 MU-MIMO, Bluetooth v 5.0 (LE up to 2Mbps), GPS with GLONASS, USB Type-C 3.1, NFC, MST
- 3300mAh battery with fast charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA)