Huawei's subsidiary has now unveiled new budget smartphone as it had promised last month. The Honor V9 Play comes with a unibody metal design that houses a 5.2-inch display, a single rear camera and a fingerprint sensor that can unlock the phone in just 0.4 seconds.
The phone comes in Gold, Rose Gold, Red, Blue and Black color options, and is priced at 999 yuan or $150 at the current exchange rates. That is for the 3 GB RAM version, while the 4GB RAM model costs 1,199 yuan or $180 and both models will go on sale on September 12.
Honor V9 Play specifications
- 5.2-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD 2.5D curved glass display with 65% NTSC Color Gamut
- Octa-Core MediaTek MT6750 (4 x 1.5GHz A53 + 4 x 1.0GHz A53) processor with Mali T860 GPU
- 3GB / 4GB RAM with 32GB (eMMC 5.1) storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat) with EMUI 5.1
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano+nano/microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, PDAF, f/2.0 aperture, 1.12um pixel size, 5P lens
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture
- Dimensions: 147.9×73.2×7.65mm; Weight: 145g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1 LE, GPS / GLONASS
- 3000mAh (typical) / 2900mAh (minimum) battery