As promised, Xiaomi has officially unveiled its next-generation premium smartphone with very thin bezels. Unlike its predecessor, the phone comes with a smaller 5.99-inch display that has even thinner bezels, 18:9 aspect ratio and Full HD+ resolution.
It is powered by an octa-core Snapdragon 835 chipset that is paired with 6 GB or 8 GB of RAM, up to 256 GB of storage and a 3,400 mAh battery. The rear camera has a 12-megapixel Sony IMX386 sensor, while the 5-megapixel front unit also supports face recognition.
Instead of a standard earpiece, the phone uses Cantilever piezoelectric ceramic acoustic system and it also has sound guided speaker that has 50mW high power speaker for an enhanced audio experience. The ceramic body is only 7.7mm thin.
The standard model with 6 GB of RAM and 64 GB of storage is priced at 3,299 yuan or $500, while the top model with 128 GB of storage and 8 GB of RAM costs 4,699 yuan or $720.
Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 specifications
- 5.99-inch (2160 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 18:9 display with 1500:1 contrast ratio, DCI-P3 color gamut
- 2.45GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 64-bit 10nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 540 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB / 128GB / 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage , 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB storage (Special Edition)
- Android 7.1 (Nougat) with MIUI 9
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 12MP rear camera with Sony IMX386 sensor, 1.25μm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, dual-tone LED flash, 4-axis OIS, 4K video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera with facial recognition, 1080p video recording
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 151.8x 75.5 ×7.7 mm; Weight: 185g (Standard); Dimensions: 150.5x 74.6 ×7.7 mm; Weight: 187g (Special Edition)
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3400mAh (typical) / 3300mAh (minimum) battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging