HTC has officially entered bezel-less race by announcing the rumoured HTC U11+ smartphone. As promised, the Taiwanese company has announced the U11+ model that comes with a 6-inch Super LCD6 display with 1,440 x 2,880 pixels resolution, Gorilla Glass 5, no physical buttons on the front and 18:9 aspect ratio. The body design is similar to the U11 with a glossy "Liquid Surface" back, and the color option includes Ceramic Black, Amazing Silver and Translucent.
Specs-wise, it is powered by a Snapdragon 835 chip, 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of storage or 6/128 GB, depending on region, and a 3,930 mAh battery with support for Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0. Android 8.0 Oreo is pre-installed with HTC Sense on top, and the Edge Sense functionality is also present.
HTC U11+ will go on sale in "select markets around the world" except for North America and will be priced at €799.
HTC U11+ specifications
- 6-inch (2880 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD+ Super LCD 6 display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- 2.45GHz Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform with Adreno 540 GPU
- 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, 6GB RAM with 128GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 8.0 Oreo with HTC Sense U.I
- Nano SIM
- 12MP UltraPixel 3 rear camera with Dual LED flash, Phase Detection Auto Focus (PDAF),BSI sensor, OIS, f/1.7 aperture, 1.4μm pixel, 4K video recording, 3D Audio
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, BSI sensor, 85° field of view, 1080p video recording
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 158.5 x 74.9 x 8.5mm; Weight: 188g
- HTC USonic with Active Noise Cancellation, Hi-Res audio certified, HTC BoomSound Hi-Fi edition
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4 & 5GHz), NFC, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS + GLONASS,USB-C 3.1 Gen 1
- 3930mAh built-in battery with QuickCharge 3.0