At the press event in Brooklyn, New York, OnePlus has now unveiled its next-generation flagship smartphone called OnePlus 5T. As rumoured, the smartphone comes with a 6.01-inch Full HD+ Optic AMOLED Display with an 18:9 aspect ratio, 80.5% screen-to-body ratio and DCI-P3 color coverage.
Although it has larger display compared to OnePlus 5, the body remains the same since it doesn't have a home button and ceramic fingerprint sensor has been moved to the back. The rest of the specs are exactly the same, so the only difference is larger display.
The good news is that the price remains the same, at $499 for the 6 GB RAM with 64 GB storage and $559 for the top-end 8 GB RAM with 128 GB version.
OnePlus 5T specifications
- 6.01-inch (2106 ×1080 pixels) Full HD+ Optic AMOLED 2.5D curved Corning Gorilla Glass 5 display, sRGB, DCI-P3 color coverage
- 45GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 64-bit 10nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 540 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB storage (UFS 2.1 ), 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) internal storage
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) with Oxygen OS 4.7, Upgradable to Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 16MP rear camera with dual LED Flash, Sony IMX398 sensor, f/1.7 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size, EIS, secondary 20MP camera with f/1.7 aperture, Sony IMX376K sensor, 1.0μm pixel size, 4K at 30fps, 1080p at 60 fps, 720p slow motion at 120fps
- 16MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX371 sensor, 1.0μm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- 5mm audio jack, 3 microphones with noise cancellation, Dirac HD Sound
- Dimensions: 156.1x75x7.3mm; Weight: 162g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5.0 aptX HD, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB 2.0 Type-C, NFC
- 3300mAh battery with Dash Charge (5V 4A)