Samsung's last generation flagship smartphone has just received the Value Pack software update. This means that Gear S3 owners can now enjoy the Tizen 3.0 operating system, which brings plenty of new features and more user-friendly widgets.
The update is available for everyone to download and weighs in at 258.53MB. It includes the following changes:
- Samsung Connect - Monitor and manage smart devices the smarter way with the Gear S3.
- Gear VR Controller - Easily control your Gear VR right from your wrist with the Gear S3.
- PPT Controller - Command the audience and the presentation with the Gear S3 PPt controller
- Watch face - Share your favorite watch face with others and browse for new ones easily
- Samsung Health - Refresh your motivation with our highly improved health app and widgets. Continuous HR monitoring is available now and the Multi-workouts widget has been added so you can start your favorite activities quicker.
- Contacts and Calendar - Create contacts and events right from your wrist with the Gear S3.
- Reminders - Receive reminders and alarms created on the paired smartphone.
- Safety - Send SOS requests now include altitude for more accurate tracking.
- Weather - Briefing containing today's weather information including temperature difference and the chance of rain or snow.
- Handwriting - More languages are supported via langauge download and update
- Ringtone - Set music saved on teh Gear as your ringtone
- Apps - Quickly access your favorite and recent apps using the App shortcuts widget, and edit the ordering method for Apps
- Quick panel - Refreshed layout with more Quick settings
- New icon and widget design
- New partner apps available for download in the Galaxy Apps store.