Sprint, one of the most prominent US carriers, have announced that they will begin selling the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 starting October 11th for just $49.99 upon signing a two-year contract. The Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 is a 7-inch mid-range Android tablet that is powered by a 1.6 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 SoC. You get 1.5 GB of RAM, 16 GB of expandable storage, a 7-inch 1024 x 600 display (170 ppi pixel density), a 3 MP rear camera and a 1.3 MP front facing camera as well. The battery is rated at 4000 mAh and the tablet comes with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean out-of-the-box. Additionally, the tablet supports Sprint's 4G network as well.
For more information, read the full PR posted after the break.
A small device can offer big-time productivity for a business and fun for the whole family. So today, Sprint announced Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 will be available on Friday, Oct. 11, with a special introductory price of $49.99 (excluding taxes) with a new line or eligible upgrade and two-year service agreement. Customers will be able to purchase this versatile new tablet in all Sprint sales channels, including Sprint Stores, Sprint Business Sales, Web Sales and Telesales at 1-800-SPRINT1. Initially, Galaxy Tab 3 will be available in White, but a Midnight Black version will also be available for the holidays.
The 7-inch Galaxy Tab 3 features Android 4.2, Jelly Bean, Sprint 4G LTE, where available, a 3-megapixel rear-facing camera with video capture and 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera for video chat. Sprint customers can add a data plan for Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 to their account for as little as $5 per month (excluding taxes and surcharges). Customers can also take advantage of Sprint One UpSM, a new upgrade program that gives customers the ability to upgrade their smartphone every 12 months.
"You can't go wrong with the incredible special offer we developed for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 that allows customers to purchase one of the best tablets available at the easily affordable price of $49.99 and add it to their account starting at only $5 per month," said David Owens, vice president-Product Development, Sprint. "With a bright and colorful display and access to the Sprint 4G LTE network, Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 rounds out Sprint's robust device portfolio to ensure that we offer a tablet or smartphone that will meet anyone's needs. Business users will appreciate the big-time productivity features of this easily portable tablet, while consumers will appreciate its portability and versatility for communicating with friends and family, entertainment and gaming."
Simple and Convenient
Buying a tablet for the first time? Galaxy Tab 3 makes it easy for a first-time tablet owner or experienced user.
- Galaxy Tab 3 has a similar look and feel to Galaxy smartphones, so users find it intuitive to use.
- Connect to loved ones from afar using the clear 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera on Galaxy Tab 3 for video chat in Google Talk, Skype and more.
- Samsung Hub makes it easy to buy music, books, movies and games with a full library of content powered by some of the biggest names in entertainment on Galaxy Tab 3. The apps can also be accessed freely on any Galaxy device.
- Enjoy access to more than a million apps from Google Play. Already own apps on a Galaxy smartphone? Then easily access all those already purchased apps or download more on Galaxy Tab 3.
Enjoy Some Downtime
Managing a household and relaxing at home have never been easier. Galaxy Tab 3 includes a variety of features that make it easy to relax and enjoy some free time.
- Samsung WatchON is the ultimate TV and movie app - recommending programming based on personal tastes. Built with the same IR blaster as a standard TV remote, Galaxy Tab 3 can be used as a universal remote control for almost any TV or DVR, so users can change the channel directly from the tablet. When paired with a Samsung Smart TV, users can enjoy a seamless experience between Galaxy Tab 3 and TV - start a movie on the TV and continue watching it on Galaxy Tab 3.
- Galaxy Tab 3 offers a brilliant display, making it a favorite device for game lovers.
- Small enough to take anywhere1 and large enough to easily read, Galaxy Tab 3 makes it easy to relax with a good book or magazine with access to some of the top bookstore apps.
Get Work Done
Galaxy Tab 3 is incredibly portable, making it easy for the mobile workforce to get work done when away from the office or meeting with customers.
- Polaris Office is preloaded, allowing users to edit Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint files from anywhere.
- Group Play lets users share a game, photo album or presentation in real time with multiple friends on select Samsung devices using Wi-Fi.
- Samsung for Enterprise (SAFE) ensures that businesses have the security and control they require to protect the company.
- Quickly and easily access corporate email, meeting details, contact information and other critical information.
- Securely store sensitive proprietary documents, presentations and other corporate data on a mobile device.
- Wirelessly and securely access data from a corporate network while travelling or working in the field.
- Employees using their personal smartphones in a company's Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) program remain mobile, secure and compliant with remote management of applications and device features that meet company-specific security requirements.
- 3G/4G LTE mobile hotspot capability supporting up to 10 Wi-Fi enabled devices simultaneously.2
Sprint continues to bring a better wireless experience to customers across the country as it builds out its all-new 3G and 4G LTE network. Sprint now provides 4G LTE service in 185 marketsnationwide and is aiming to provide LTE to 200 million people by the end of 2013.