Since it hit Steam Early Access back in early September, the 3D tactical space simulator and role playing game, Starpoint Gemini 2, has seen lots of updates and the committed team isn't resting on their laurels as they have just dropped update 0.5017 for the game.
The update brings several new types of freelance missions, new visual effects, changes and additions to the graphical user interface (with more promised to be on the way), bridge officer voice alerts and a bunch of bug fixes.
- Complex, but easy-to-use RPG system, now coupled with dynamic real-time 3D combat
- Explore the dynamic game world as a whole, rather than through individual maps
- Use T-Gates, wormholes and riftways to travel faster around the Gemini system
- Fifty diverse factions ranging from states and companies to outlaws, locked in a power struggle, with over 100 commodities to trade or plunder
- Special revocable licenses acquired from factions offer various bonuses and unlock new options
- Hire mercenary captains to follow you on your travels and share your fate, and employ officers to fill key positions on your ship (engineering, navigation, tactical)
- Random missions get generated depending on the player's actions and allegiances
- Over 70 unique ships, fully upgradeable with various ship systems, with a.o. visible turrets, and a large arsenal of destructive weapons to blast enemies to pieces
- Direct ship controls create complete immersion
- Advanced physics provided by NVIDIA PhysX technology
If you are a fan of space simulators, jump over to the Steam page a where you can pick up the game for $19.99 and join in on the alpha testing. You should also know that if pick the game up during Early Access you will also get the original 2010 game, Starpoint Gemini 1, for free. You can also hit the source link to visit the game's official website.
|Topics||Gaming, Steam, Update, Steam Early Access, RPG, Alpha, Simulation, Space Game|