Shortly after a leaked memo revealed the Android 4.3 update schedule for Samsung Galaxy Smartphones being sold by AT&T, pre-release firmwares for the same devices based on the latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean build were leaked earlier today, ahead of their official release.
The support handsets include the Galaxy S4, Galaxy S4 Active, Galaxy Note III and Galaxy S3. If you are feeling adventurous, you can go ahead and grab the firmware package and subsequently flash it using ODIN flasher (for Galaxy phones). According the latest intel, the Galaxy S4 is slated to receive the update officially in the last week of October (which is now). Meanwhile, the Galaxy S4 Active and Galaxy Note III are scheduled to get updated in November. AT&T Galaxy S4 Active owners will have to wait until December to enjoy Android 4.3.
Here's the official changelog for the update (quite a big one):
- Galaxy Gear Support
- TRIM Support (Makes the device much faster)
- ANT+ Support
- Samsung KNOX Implementation (KNOX bootloader and dedicated application)
- Samsung Wallet comes pre-loaded
- Improved RAM management
- Improved Display colour reproduction (Display looks much sharper than before)
- Improved TouchWiz Launcher (Much less launcher redraws and less lag)
- New Samsung Keyboard
- New Samsung Browser (Full screen by default, new tab interface and more)
- New Reading Mode (Optimises display for reading, used by only a few specific applications)
- New Camera firmware
- Minor UI tweaks (Contacts app, Flashlight Widget, dialog boxes etc)