Sony's mid-range champion, the Xperia L, is getting updated to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. Starting today, Sony has begun seeding a massive 700 MB software update which updates the older Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean build to a relatively newer OS version, and some more. The update also brings updated media apps such as a new camera app, Walkman, Album and a UI refresh as well. Owners of the Xperia L still wish for Android 4.3, but they have to keep in mind that their device is a lower mid-range handset.
Xperia L 15.3.A.0.26 (Android 4.2.2) changelog:
- New homescreen UI, you can add up to 7 window panes now.
- Add more widgets in homescreen and lockscreen.
- Bug fixes and performance enhancements.
- Superior auto mode (auto scene recognition) and Burst Mode feature added in Camera interface.
- Better photo quality.
- Updated Sony Media apps.
- Small apps accessible from homescreen.
- Improved search and app sorting now.
- New Keyboard added.
- Transparent dock at the bottom part on homescreen.
- False memory notification bug is rectified.
- Day Dream feature added in display settings.
Connect your device to your computer and fire up PC companion to download the latest firmware update.