Panasonic has just announced that the world's first 20-inch 4K tablet dubbed as Toughpad 4K will be available in US early next year, precisely in January. The Toughpad 4K UT-MB5 is powered by an Intel Core i5 processor, a 256GB SSD, 8 GB of RAM, 2 GB of VRAM and runs Windows 8.1 Pro. The 20-inch IPS Alpha LCD screen comes with 3,840 x 2,560 pixels resolution and boasts 230 pixels per inch.
The tablet will be available for purchased through authorized Panasonic resellers at a price of $5,999 and will feature 3-year warranty.
Toughpad 4K UT-MB5 Key Features
- 4K Visual Experience: 20-inch IPS Alpha LCD screen with 3840x2560 pixel display featuring 230 pixels per inch and 15:10 aspect ratio
- High-Performance Processing Power: Intel Core i5-3437U vPro processor with NVIDIA GeForce 745M GPU
- Operating System: Windows 8.1 Pro
- Storage & Memory: 256GB SSD, 8 GB RAM and 2GB VRAM
- Connectivity & I/O: Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235 Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth v4.0 (Class 1), USB 3.0, SDXC card slot, smart card reader, docking connector
- Camera: 1280 x 720 pixel built-in front camera
- Durability: Business-rugged with resistance to 12-inch drops to 26 angles (non-operating) and 30-inch drop to its back (operating)
- Battery: 2 hours per MobileMark 2007 testing
- Lightweight Portability: 5.27 lbs., 0.49 inch thick