According to Samsung's Flickr page, the company's flagship Galaxy S series achieved more than 100 million units sold, two years and 7 months after the original Galaxy S hit the market. Since then, the Galaxy S3 has topped 40 million sold since its launch seven months ago. The company also enjoys sales of the latest flagship smartphone with around 190,000 units per day on average. Samsung also hopes to ship 510 million phones in 2013 which is 20 percent more than it did in 2012.
"Samsung Electronics' flagship Galaxy S series surpassed the accumulated sales record of 100 million units from the supply side in only 2 years and 7 months after its launch in May 2010. Galaxy S III is selling at a much faster rate of 30 million in 5 months and 40 million in 7 months, after becoming a million seller in only 50 days after its release last May. Currently, its average daily sales are 190,000 units. The driving force behind Samsung Electronics' rise to the top on the global smartphone market is Galaxy S II which is gaining ground as a steady seller hitting the sales of over 40 million in only 20 months," the company announced.
Samsung GALAXY S Series Surpasses 100 Million Unit Sales
January 14, 2013
- Samsung has announced that global channel sales of the company's flagship smartphone, GALAXY S III and its two predecessors GALAXY S and GALAXY S II have surpassed 100 million units sales as of January 13, 2013.
- Samsung GALAXY smartphones are intuitive and easy to use, display photos and videos on dazzling screens, and deliver a premium user experience with a design that is elegant and feels natural.
- The GALAXY S, has reached over 24 million global channel shipments, achieving 10 million of these during the first seven months after its launch in June 2010.
- Building on this success Samsung launched the GALAXY S II in April 2011. This smartphone reached around 40 million shipments, achieving 10 million global channel sales in just five months.
- In May 2012, Samsung unveiled the GALAXY S III - a smartphone designed for humans and inspired by nature. It revolutionized the user experience, and was critically acclaimed, achieving 20 million global channel sales in just 100 days - which made it Samsung's fastest selling smartphone yet.
- GALAXY S III has now passed the mark of 40 million unit channel sales.
|Topics||Samsung, Galaxy S III, Galaxy S, 100 Million unit, Surpasses, Galaxy S II|