The official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update for the Samsung Galaxy Note II is just round the corner. With service centers already updating inbound phones (which are dropped off for repair) to the latest build of Jelly Bean before returning the handset, it's only a matter of days before a global OTA update is rolled out. Meanwhile, for the impatient ones who simply can't wait to enjoy the fruits of Android 4.3 (as well as added Samsung Galaxy Gear compatibility) can now download the leaked ROM, which is only compatible with the Exynos N7100 variant of the Note II right away.
Here's the complete changelog for the update (courtesy GSMArena):
- OpenGL 3.0 Support
- ANT+ Support
- Samsung KNOX Implementation (KNOX bootloader and dedicated application)
- Samsung Wallet comes pre-loaded
- Improved RAM management
- Improved Display colour reproduction (Display looks much sharper than before)
- Improved TouchWiz Launcher (Much less launcher redraws and less lag)
- New Samsung Keyboard
- New Samsung Browser (Full screen by default, new tab interface and more)
- New Reading Mode (Optimises display for reading, used by only a few specific applications)
- New Camera firmware
- Minor UI tweaks (Contacts app, Flashlight Widget, dialog boxes etc)
Interested in getting a taste of Android 4.3 on your Note II right away? Follow the source link for detailed instructions and download link to the ROM file.