Motorola has officially begun rolling out Android 4.4 KitKat to all Verizon branded Moto X handsets. While we were aware that Motorola planned to rollout the update soon, we didn't expect it to arrive just three short weeks after Google officially released Android 4.4 KitKat. At present, apart from the Nexus 5, four other Nexus devices have only begun receiving the update to the latest version of Android.
There's an official changelog for the update, listed on Motorola's website:
- Android 4.4, KitKat: Android 4.4, KitKat, is the latest release of the Android platform. KitKat includes enhancements such as restyled status and navigation bars, a new full-screen mode, color emoji support, improved closed captioning support, stronger security, smarter power use, and more tools and capabilities for better app development.
- Phone dialer: Improved the phone app with the ability to look up contacts directly from the dial pad, see and tap frequent contacts, and search your corporate directory easily.
- Camera - Focus and exposure: Enhanced the "touch to focus" option with a new circular, on screen control that can be dragged by your finger around the viewfinder to adjust a photo's focus and exposure.
- Gallery - Photo editing: Added new photo editing options to the Gallery app including new filter effects, draw on your photos, advanced cropping, and adjustments to color, exposure, contrast and more.
- Hangouts -SMS/MMS support: Incorporated a new version of Google Hangouts that supports integrated SMS/MMS messaging. Hangouts can be set as the default SMS app under Settings > Wireless > Default SMS app.
- Touchless Control - "Find my phone": Added a new "Find my phone" command to Touchless Control. Just say "OK, Google Now-find my phone" and your Moto X will ring loudly to let you know where it's hiding when you've misplaced it nearby.
- NFC - Host card emulation: Enhanced support for NFC Host Card Emulation (HCE), to improve experiences such as contactless payments, loyalty plans, transit passes, card access and more.
- Accessory support: Added support for Square credit card reader
And this is just the beginning -- we will have more KitKat for Moto X news to share on other carriers and countries very soon.
|Topics||Motorola, Verizon, Moto X, Software Update, Android 4.4 KitKat|