In a tweet that Mojang's Chief Architect, Daniel Frisk, dropped a two hours ago, it looks like the next release to Minecraft Pocket Edition will include Online Multiplayer and Dedicated Servers. Their current release has been submitted and should be available soon.
The current release for iOS and Android devices that has been submitted for review contains a whole slew of new things and was larger that the "small patch" that they had originally planned.
The update includes the following new features;
- Baby animals
- Fancy clouds
- Improved D-pad
- Stonecutter for crafting stone blocks
- Sheep can be colored with dyes
- New block types: Netherrack, Nether Brick, Block of Quartz with 2 variants (pillar and chiseled), mossy/cracked Smooth Stone Brick variants (creative only), chiseled/smooth Sandstone variants
- New stairs: Nether Brick, Sandstone, Smooth Stone Brick, Quartz
- New slabs: Sandstone
- New item: Nether Brick (smelted from netherrack and crafted into nether brick tile)
- Upside-down stairs, corner stairs
- Slabs can be placed in up position (needs testing on small screens)
- Sand and Gravel are affected by gravity
Android users should not that beginning with this update Minecraft Pocket Edition will require Android 2.3 or later to run, and it will no longer be supported on Android 2.2 or 2.1. Users of those versions of Android will be able to play older versions of Minecraft PE.
You can check them all out at Mojang's Website.
|Topics||Android, iOS, Gaming, Minecraft, Mojang, Gaming Industry, Update, Patch, Minecraft PE|