Hamburg, Germany developer Hexagon Game Labs has announced that their HTML 5 based, strategy title, SteamPower1830, is available on the Windows Store for free as of now. The game has you building a thriving railroad and business empire. Start laying tracks today.
The game is based on a proprietary game engine, called the Ubique Game Engine, and utilizes Microsoft's Windows Azure servers to create a technology framework to allow cross-device and cross-platform game play. Gaming sessions can be switched between any of the supported platforms, such as Windows PC, Microsoft Surface and Windows Phone at any time.
- 15 autonomous playing maps set in Europe
- Business and building game with a vibrant, detailed game world
- Golden age of steam trains in Europe from 1830 to 1930
- Game world freely configurable with no limitations on building and railway network layout
- Hex-grid map with strategic depth for construction planning
- Countless train models, buildings and upgrades
- Proprietary, powerful Ubique Game Engine based on HTML5
- Playable on all devices - PC, tablet, smartphone
- Requires only a current browser and Internet connection
- Cloud technology for interruption-free system changes during a running game
- Cross-platform in-game chat
- Free-to-play online game
You know the drill, click source link, get the app, goof off the rest of the day playing games.
Here's an alpha gameplay video back from Gamescon 2013