In news of another game moving out of beta and hitting full release on Steam, L3C Interactive and Iceberg Interactive want you to know that the 4X space strategy game Horizon will be making its debut early next month as they wrap up the Early Access phase.
The game is a single-player 4X (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, eXterminate) game that has players exploring the galaxy, customizing ships, managing economy and bases and all the other stuff you know and love in 4X type games. Here are the gameplay features:
- Horizon is a deep, accessible 4X space-strategy game that delivers advanced turn-based tactical combat, rich customization, and a vast set of galaxies to explore.
- The huge storyline gives gamers a chance to interact with 10 alien races and explore ancient cultures, artifacts, and galaxies while engaging in open-ended missions. Gamers can engage in meaningful diplomacy choices that will impact the game outcome, including coordinated actions with allies against enemies.
- The distinct open-world system spans multiple galaxies with hundreds of star systems and more than 1,000 planets.
- Two different Gameplay Modes: Scenario Mode offers a story experience focused on the clash of two ancient races, and Classic Mode is the familiar open-ended sandbox experience 4X gamer have grown to love.
- Using up to 80 tech types with 10 upgrades each, gamers can customize ships, weapons, and combat systems.
- Tactical ship control includes managing movement, weapons, and more, as well as attacks from planetary and orbital defenses and boarding enemy ships.
- Design and customize three major areas on your ships: 1) Weapons, 2) Core Systems (armor, sensors, engines, power generator, etc.), and Special Systems (colonizer pods, shields, fighter bays, etc.).
- A detailed economy and colony management system offers different types of colonies based on player build choices.
You can still get in on the Early Access action if you can't wait for the release day. Just hit the source link.