We've known for a while that Facebook has been working on a Flipboard competitor. Today, the world's largest social networking platform launched their very own news-reading app. 'Paper' is a beautiful 'distraction-free' app, exclusive to iOS for now, that promises a full-screen layout and a heavy emphasis on visual appeal. Big-sized panoramic images can be checked out by simply tilting the phone on to one side. Various iOS 7 elements exist throughout the app, as expected.
Storytelling and sharing have been reimagined in Paper to show stories at their best.
- Everything responds to your touch so you can pick up or thumb through stories with simple, natural movements
- You can tilt your phone to explore high-resolution panoramic photos from corner to corner, and see faces and other important details up close
- Fullscreenautoplay videos come to life and bring you deep into the action
- Beautifully detailed covers make it easy to spot articles from trusted publishers and decide what to read or watch.· Articles unfold in the app and appear fullscreen for a focused reading experience
- When you're ready to tell your own story, you know exactly what your post or photo will look like because you see a live preview before you share it
Paper is launching on February 3rd.