Microsoft has revealed that Halo: Spartan Assault will be coming to the Xbox 360 tomorrow, January 31st. The game will be available for digital download and will set you back $14.99 unless you already have a Windows 8 or a Windows Phone 8 version.
People who already own one of the above versions, and purchased them prior to December 15th of last year, will be able to pick up the Xbox 360 version of the game at a reduced price of $4.99. Here are the features that the Xbox 360 version is bringing to the table;
- Immersive storyline. An original story set between the events of "Halo 3" and "Halo 4," experience war with the Covenant, the first missions of the Spartan Ops program and the rise of Commander Sarah Palmer
- Online cooperative multiplayer. Play longer than ever with an online cooperative multiplayer mode that brings you five action-packed missions, all played from a top-down camera view3
- New enemies. Wage war against a persistent and overwhelming enemy - encounter the Flood for the first time in "Halo: Spartan Assault"
- New weapons and achievements. Go in strong with an expanded arsenal that brings you more weapons, armor abilities, and more upgrades, while earning new Achievements for Xbox 360
- Original "Halo" gameplay. An action-packed, stimulating single-player campaign spanning 30 missions in battles throughout the "Halo" universe (including five "Operation Hydra" missions)
- Nonstop competitive fun. Compete against friends in Leaderboards or hone your skills while collecting more than 40 in-game Achievements and Medals
You probably should know a couple of caveats which are that online coop multiplayer will require an Xbox Live Gold membership and that multiplayer between the Xbox 360 and the Xbox One is not supported.