MediaTek announced the MT6732, which is the company's first 64-bit quad-core SoC. Four ARM Cortex A53 cores power the MT6732, clocked at 1.5 GHz. While the CPU won't break any records in terms of muscle power, the included ARM Mali-T760 GPU will surely offer a blazing fast and smooth gaming experience. The chipset supports Cat. 4 LTE (150 Mbps down, 50 Mbps up), dual-band WiFi, MediaTek MiraVision, MediaTek ClearMotion technology, 13 MP cameras with 1080p H.264 recording, H.265 decoding and a lot more.
According to the PR, which can be found below, the MT6732 SoC will be available in Q3 2014. Expect the first devices based on the same to hit markets by the end of this year.
Premium technology at a mainstream price point will fuel the next global wave of smart devices
MediaTek today announces the 64-bit LTE SOC MT6732 at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain. The MT6732 delivers a next-generation computing system consisting of a coherent 64-bit ARM Cortex-A53 cluster and Mali-T760 GPU - providing next-level 64-bit mobile computing and LTE for the rising Super-mid Market, consisting of billions of consumers ready to adopt smart devices with premium features at mainstream prices - many for the very first time. The MT6732 platform delivers:
Next-Generation 64-bit Mobile Computing System
- Quad-core, 1.5GHz ARM Cortex-A53 processor system, delivering the performance boost and 64-bit CPUs that will become mainstream in mobile devices
- Next-generation Mali-T760 GPU with support for the Open GL ES 3.0 and Open CL 1.2 APIs and premium graphics for gaming and UI effects
Advanced Multimedia Features
- Supports low-power, 1080p, 30fps video playback supporting the emerging video codec standard H.265 and legacy H.264 and 1080p, 30fps H.264 video recording
- Integrated 13MP camera image signal processor with support for unique features like PIP (Picture-in-Picture), VIV (Video in Video) and Video Face Beautifier
- MediaTek ClearMotion technology eliminates motion jitter and ensures smooth video playback at 60fps on mobile devices
- MediaTek MiraVision technology for DTV-grade picture quality
Integrated Multi-mode 4G LTE Modem
- Rel. 9, Category 4 FDD and TDD LTE (150 Mb/s downlink, 50 Mb/s uplink)
- 3GPP Rel. 8, DC-HSPA+ (42 Mb/s downlink, 11 Mb/s uplink), TD-SCDMA and EDGE are supported for legacy 2G/3G networks
- Integrated Connectivity Solutions
- Supports dual-band Wi-Fi to effortlessly connect to a wide array of wireless routers and enable new applications like video sharing over Miracast
- Bluetooth 4.0, supporting low-power connection to fitness gadgets, wearables and other accessories such as Bluetooth headsets
Following the launch of the world's first 4G LTE Octa-core smartphone SOC - MT6595 - earlier this month, we are quickly expanding our LTE offering across a range of performance points to meet the growing demand for smartphone devices across all markets. The MT6732 provides excellent performance and a very comprehensive feature set.
...added Jeffrey Ju, General Manager of the MediaTek Smartphone Business Unit.
MediaTek wants to make the world a more inclusive place, where the best user experiences and fully connected does not mean expensive," said Johan Lodenius, Chief Marketing Officer for MediaTek. "We are committed to power devices that accelerate the global demographic and cultural transformation. Inclusiveness is such an important part of MediaTek's vision, which is why we strive to put technology in the hands of everyone, to enable everyone to be an everyday genius.
The MT6732 platform will be commercially available by Q3 of 2014, with devices expected by the end of the year.