Another promising flagship smartphone is here. HTC has officially unveiled the U11, the company's latest attempt at a flagship mobile device that comes with a touch sensitive frame around its body and latest high-end specifications, but all of that come at a premium price.
The HTC U11 will be available worldwide from May 2017 in Amazing Silver, Sapphire Blue, Brilliant Black, Ice White, and Solar Red, priced at €749/£649.
Specs-wise, the device packs a 5.5-inch Quad HD display with Gorilla Glass 5, a Qualcomm Snapdragon 835, 4 GB of RAM, 64 GB of expandable storage, a 12 MP UltraPixel 3 rear camera with a f/1.7 aperture and 4K video recording, and a 16 MP front-facing camera with BSI, voice selfie features, and 1080p video capture.
The most interesting feature is definitely touch sensitive frame called Edge Sense. This feature allows you to squeeze the phone in order to execute specific actions such as taking photos. The included app gives you option to customize how hard you need to squeeze to execute a specific action.
Other interesting features include Active Noise Cancellation that reduces disruptions and distractions around you, HTC BoomSound Hi-Fi Edition speakers for more loudness and better Dynamic Range Audio, and four optimally positioned omnidirectional microphones for recording audio from all directions. Google Assistant comes with the phone, but HTC will also offer Amazon's Alexa 30 days after the phone is launched.
HTC U11 specifications
- 5.5-inch (1440 x 2560 pixels) Quad HD Super LCD 5 display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- 2.45GHz Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 MobilePlatform with Adreno 540 GPU
- 6GB RAM with 128GB storage (UFS 2.1), 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) with HTC Sense UI, HTC Edge Sense,HTC Sense Companion
- Single / Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 12MP HTC UltraPixel 3 rear camera with 1.4μm pixel, dual-LED flash, f/1.7 aperture, OIS, UltraSpeed Autofocus, RAW capture, 4K video recording with 3D Audio, Hi-Res stereo recording, and Acoustic Focus, 120fps slow-mo video at 1080p
- 16MP front-facing camera with 1080p video recording
- Water and dust resistant (IP57)
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 153.9 x 75.9 x 7.9mm; Weight: 169g
- USB-C audio, HTC USonic with Active Noise Cancellation,HTC BoomSound Hi-Fi edition, 3D Audio recording with 4 microphones, Hi-Res audio certified
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4 and 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS with GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C 3.1 Gen 1
- 3000mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0