The waiting is over as Huawei has finally unveiled its flagship smartphones. First, let's start with the standard model, the Mate 10. Just like pretty much every flagship smartphone, the Mate 10 also adopts a display with very thin bezels. However, Huawei didn't use a 18:9, but a classic 16:9 aspect ratio with a QHD resolution and HDR10 support for a superior viewing experience. The display size is 5.9-inch. Unlike its bigger brother, it still has a physical home button.
It is powered by Kirin 970 chipset with i7 co-processor, dedicated neural network processing unit and runs on Android 8.0 Oreo with Emotion UI 8.0 on top. There is 4 GB of RAM, 64 GB of storage and a 4,000 mAh battery.
The Mate 10 comes with Leica dual-lens camera with 12-megapixel RGB sensor, 20-megapixel monochrome sensor and 2x Hybrid Zoom, dual-tone LED flash, laser auto focus and optical image stabilization (OIS) and Huawei's own dual ISP, while the front has an 8-megapixel sensors.
The Huawei Mate 10 comes in Champagne Gold, Classic Black, Pink Gold and Mocha Brown colors and will go on sale later this month, priced at €699.
Huawei Mate 10 specifications
- 5.9-inch (2560 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD RGBW 2.5D curved glass display, 1500:1 Contrast ratio, 96% NTSC Color Gamut
- Octa-Core Huawei Kirin 970 (4 x 2.4 GHz A73+ 4 x 1.8 GHz A53) 10nm processor + i7 co-processor,Mali-G72 MP12 GPU, NPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 8.0 (Nougat) with EMUI 8.0
- Hybird Dual SIM (nano SIM + nano SIM / microSD)
- 20MP (Monochrome) + 12MP (RGB) Dual rear cameras with Leica Summilux-H lenses, f/1.6 aperture, dual-tone LED flash, PDAF, CAF, Laser AF, OIS, 4K video recording
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Splash resistant (IP53)
- Dimensions: 150.5 x 77.8 x 8.2mm; Weight: 186g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh battery with fast charging